EFFECTIVE DATE: 12/13/2022
Thank you for your interest and business with Auria (“Auria,” “Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”).
We hope you find your experience on our website and other applications to be helpful and useful. We are constantly trying to improve our website and services for our current and potential customers, clients, employees, and other business partners (“you” or “your,”) which requires us to collect, store, share and use the information you give and the preferences you set. Because of that we are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Data you provide us
When you interact with our website by ordering products or creating an account, we collect information from you, such as first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, and password. When you order products or sign up for services on our website or apps, you may provide us or our third-party payment processor with information necessary to complete the transaction, which may include your name, credit card information, billing information, and shipping information. We also collect other types of personal information and demographic information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Technologies we use
When you interact with our products and services, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies.
are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website.
These are digital images we use to log information on our website and in our emails. We use web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not.
How We Use Your Information
In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
• Create and maintain your account;
• Identify you as a user in our system;
• Operate, maintain, and improve our website, apps, and services;
• Personalize and improve your experience;
• Respond to your comments or inquiries;
• Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
• If you supply us an email address online you will only receive the information for which you provided us your email address (Receipt, Shipping Status, Newsletter etc.).
If you supply us a personal phone number (SMS) online you will only receive the information for which you provided us your phone number (Receipt, Shipping Status, Newsletter or to get contact from us with information regarding orders you have placed online).
• If you supply us with your postal address online, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
We also may use the personal information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
If you are a customer and would like to find out more about how we use information, click here (Add Exhibit 6 link here).
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with third party service providers for the sole purpose of providing you with the services we offer you. We do not permit our service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Upon request we provide website visitors with access to all information [including proprietary information] that we maintain about them. Consumers can access this information by contacting Customer Care or writing us at the above address.
If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, please let us know by contacting our Customer Care .
Upon request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information, financial information, unique identifiers, transaction information, and communications that the consumer/visitor has directed to the website.
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving sensitive consumer data exchanged with our website. We have security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our website.
Privacy For California Residents
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline, please inform us by contacting our Customer Care.
Auria also complies with all requirements of the “CCPA” (California Consumer Privacy Act) which took effect at the beginning of 2020.
If you are a California resident and Auria qualifies as a “business” under the terms of that law, you will have the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and the specific items of Data about you that we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell and that Data about you that we have collected, used, disclosed, and/or sold during the 12 months prior to your request.
- You have the right to not be subjected to any discrimination based on the fact that you have elected to opt out of the sale of your Data or that you have submitted a request to know or a request to delete under the CCPA.
- You also have the right to have the Data we collect about you deleted. We use a two-step process to verify your identity and to have the information deleted. Your rights to have Data deleted are subject to several exceptions, specifically the Data that is necessary for us to:
• complete your transaction;
• provide you a good or service;
• perform a contract between us and you;
• protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
• fix our system in the case of a bug;
protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
• comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code §1546 et seq.);
• engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
• comply with a legal obligation; or
make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- To make any request under the CCPA, you must complete the Data Request Form and follow the steps under the tab “OPTING OUT”. You will be asked to give us your name, e-mail address, and any other information we request to verify your identity.
We will respond to your request within 10 days after receiving your request. We will then verify your identity and fulfill your request, as required by the CCPA.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, which means that we will not take any action to hurt or punish you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We do not knowingly collect or sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
For any further questions, please reach out to our Customer Care Team between Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM MST. Thank you!
Privacy For Nevada Residents
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please submit your request by filling out the form after clicking on this link or by contacting [privacy email].
Policies For Children
We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. Our products and services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 16.
Hohm's mobile messaging program ("Program") provides customers with important updates and promotional content via text messaging. Participation in this Program requires user consent and is a part of the broader data collection and usage policies outlined below.
User Consent and Data Usage:
By opting in, you provide express consent to receive recurring marketing and informational messages from Hohm at the mobile number you have provided. We will not share or sell your mobile number with any third parties, excluding subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers who assist in delivering this service. This exclusion applies expressly to SMS opt-in data and consent.
You can opt out of the Program at any time by following the instructions provided in any message you receive.
Message Frequency and Cost:
The frequency of Program messages may vary. Message and data rates may apply as provided by your mobile service rate plan.
SMS Abandoned Cart Disclosure:
Location Tracking and Location-Based Services:
Privacy and Security:
We respect your privacy. The information collected for the Program is stored securely and used solely for transmitting your mobile messages and responding to your queries or requests.
Changes to this Policy:
We may revise or update this Policy from time to time. Any changes will be posted on our website. Your continued participation in the Program after any changes shall indicate your acceptance of such changes.
1441 West Innovation Way, Suite 500
Lehi, UT 84043
Our phone number is: +1 (844) 224-5517
We can be reached by filling out a simple form here.